Lt Gen C.A. Krishnan, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM (Retd), Director
Lieutenant General CA Krishnan, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, is a former Deputy Chief of the Army and a former Member of the Armed Forces Tribunal. A post
graduate in Defence studies and M Phil in strategic affairs and Defence Management, he is also a post graduate diploma in Human Rights Laws from NLSIU, Bangalore and a post graduate diploma in journalism.
He has four decades of operational experience across high altitude remote areas of Ladhak, Arunachal Pradesh and Siachen Glacier as well as vast experience in combating terrorism in Jammu & Kashmir and North East. He oversaw the Army’s macro level Human Resource management as the Director General of Man Power Planning & personnel services. Subsequently, as the Deputy Chief, he was responsible for perspective planning, Capital acquisition programs and financial planning of the Indian army. Widely travelled and has been part of numerous delegations representing the country.
He has been on the Board of Directors of Bharat Electronics Ltd and Bharat Dynamics Ltd, two of India’s leading Defence Public sector undertakings and provides consultancy to defence industries. He is a regular speaker on geopolitics and national security and also a prolific writer on a wide variety of subjects.
- Countering China: Beyond Armed Conflicts
- Pakistan: The Never Ending Search for an Identity
- Afghanistan: US Pullout and Beyond
- Afghanistan’s Economic Revival: On a road to nowhere
- Perspectives on the Ukraine crisis
- The All Pervasive Artificial Intelligence In The Real World
- Ukraine war: Building windmills as direction of the winds change
- Sanctions-A tool of arrogance and hypocrisy?
- Lengthening Shadows of the Ukraine Crisis
- The Politics of Oil: Changing Geopolitical Alliances in West Asia
- India’s Lithium Resource: A Perspective
- India-China relations: Looking ahead